Winter Recipes to Boost your Vitamin C Intake
Broccoli Parmesan Pasta
It’s cold and flu season and who doesn’t need a vitamin boost? Here’s a recipe to add some much-needed Vitamin C to your winter diet.
- 1 head broccoli, trim crown to bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + some extra
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese + extra for topping
- red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- Bring broth to a boil in a large pot. Add broccoli & cook for about 3 minutes, until it is bright green & tender. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add 3 quarts of water to the hot broth & bring to a boil again. Add pasta & cook to package directions. Drain & toss with some olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic & 3 tablespoons olive oil to a large sauté pan. Over medium heat cook for about 5 minutes until the mixture is fragrant & onions are softened. Add broccoli & cook another minute. In a large serving bowl combine all ingredients including parmesan cheese. Season with red & black pepper to taste. Toss well.
- Top with more parmesan.
And did we mention that there are 132 milligrams of vitamin C in every cup of broccoli? Eat and enjoy…
You might also want to read
MIPIM Cannes 2023 Guide
Established in 1990, MIPIM 2023 (Le Marché International des Professionnels
The Port, Monaco. Port. Probably the liveliest neighborhood, the Harbor
Cannes la Croisette
“The promenade of La Croisette is one of the most