South of France Winter Breakfast from Adams & Adams
It may be the South of France, but it’s winter and that means very chilly mornings. We love porridge as a great way to start the day with something healthy that will keep out the cold. The kids will love this as well and it’s quick and easy on those busy school mornings.
- 3 cups of reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups traditional rolled oats
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 medium bananas, sliced diagonally
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Bring milk to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Stir in oats and salt.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium.
5. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until the porridge thickens (porridge will coat the spoon when ready).
6. Remove from heat.
7. Cover and stand for 5 minutes (porridge will cool and thicken slightly on standing).
8. Stir in sugar.
9. Spoon into bowls.
10. Top with banana and cinnamon and serve.