Recipe of the Week – Healthy Chicken and Leek Pies with Adams & Adams
Comfort without the calories! It’s easy to slip into comfort food as the weather gets cold but usually it’s packed full of calories. Here we’ve found a great winter pie recipe but using filo pastry to keep the fat content low.
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into chunky chips
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 225ml low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 85g light soft cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon leaves
- 2 sheets filo pastry
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. In a roasting tray toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tsp of the oil and some seasoning.
3- Cook for 30-40 mins, until golden and crisp.
4. Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium frying pan.
5. Fry the chicken until browned, remove from the pan, and set aside.
6. Add the leek and a splash of water, and gently fry until soft, about 7 mins.
7. Add the carrot and cook for 3 mins more.
8. Pour in the stock and boil until reduced by half, then add the mustard and soft cheese, stirring well to combine.
9. Return the chicken to the pan, and add the tarragon and some seasoning.
10. Divide the mixture between 2 small ovenproof dishes.
11. Take the filo sheets and scrunch them up.
12. Top each pie with a sheet and brush with the remaining 1 tsp of oil.
13. Cook the pies in the oven with the chips for 15 mins, until the pastry is golden.
Recipe courtesy of BBC Good Food.
You might also want to read
Nuveen Global at MIPIM 2023
We recently worked with Adams & Adams at MIPIM 2023
MIPIM Cannes Guide 2023
“The promenade of La Croisette is one of the most
The Port, Monaco. Port. Probably the liveliest neighborhood, the Harbor