Christmas with Adams & Adams
This weekend we realized that the 2012 mincemeat supplies were looking a bit think on the ground – yikes! Too late to top up the mincemeat we thought…but no. Looking online we discovered this lovely recipe, quick, easy, and delicious.
Ingredients: Makes just over 1KG
- 4 oz of nuts
- 12 oz cooking apples, grated
- 10 oz mixed fruit (raisins, sultanas, and candied peel)
- 4 oz chopped apricots, dates, and figs (whichever or all you like)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 half teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 oz shredded suet
- 4 oz dark brown soft sugar
grated zest and juice of 2 oranges and 1 lemon
- 10fl oz booze (for the whisky, Drambuie, and ginger mix I added 3 tablespoons of candied ginger)
1. Place the cooking apples, mixed fruit, sugar, and orange and lemon juice in a pan and heat very slowly until the juices start running and the sugar has dissolved. The raisins and sultanas in the fruit should look plump.
2. Place all the ingredients in a non-metallic bowl, mix well and cover with a clean cloth.
3. Leave overnight in a cool place and pack tightly into clean jars the next day.
4. Store somewhere cool and dark until needed and refrigerate after opening.
Recipe courtesy of www.littledishy.com
You might also want to read
Nuveen Global at MIPIM 2023
We recently worked with Adams & Adams at MIPIM 2023
MIPIM Cannes Guide 2023
“The promenade of La Croisette is one of the most
The Port, Monaco. Port. Probably the liveliest neighborhood, the Harbor