Celebrate St Patrick’s Day with easy Irish Soda Bread
The perfect snack, easy, no yeast involved….Happy St Patrick’s Day from Adams & Adams
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and caraway seeds. Add the buttermilk and melted butter and stir just until the dough is cohesive but still lumpy.
- Transfer the dough onto a well-floured work surface then gently knead the dough about 8 times until it is slightly less sticky. (See Kelly’s Note.) Form the dough into a 6-inch domed round then place it on an ungreased, nonstick baking sheet. Cut a large, 1/2-inch deep “X” across the top then dust the top with 2 teaspoons flour.
- Bake the bread until it is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer the loaf to a cooling rack to cool completely then slice and serve.
Thanks to justatste.com for this great recipe
You might also want to read
Planning a wedding involves countless decisions, and one of the
Since its inception in 1954, the Cannes Lions International Festival
The Monaco Grand Prix is one of the most prestigious