Valentine’s Day on the Côte d’Azur
The Côte d’Azur is a romantic region with Renaissance history, beautiful landscapes and of course, sublime food and wine!
Hilltop villages disclose small surprises at each corner: romantic rampart walks, views over the countryside or sea, and strolling through flower-filled narrow streets passing pretty churches or medieval fountains.
There is a different atmosphere throughout the year, but if you’re looking for a blissful getaway or Valentine’s Day inspiration then we think the Côte d’Azur is romantic enough!
Valentine’s Day ideas on the French Riviera
Life has definitely had different plans for us all in the past year, so we love any ideas for sharing joy, love, and laughter at super romantic gatherings.
Valentine’s Day is 14th February and while it’s not an occasion for everyone, you can still create special memories with your loved ones when going out to eat isn’t an option.
How about a micro picnic with a macro style? Ideas can include low-set tables, vintage picnic baskets, soft furnishings, ambient lightings such as lanterns, exotic table runners, a fresh floral centerpiece, tableware for each person (cutlery and glassware), and food such as a charcuterie board, seasonal fruits for finger food.
Which picnic would you prefer?
- A pop-up picnic with pastel linen, chic tableware, and simple florals (image: Heavenly Picnics)
- A winter wonderland picnic with marshmallows, hot chocolate, and cozy rugs (image: Kristin Vlad Photography)
- A romantic picnic in the garden (Image: Inditribe Collective)
- A dose of ‘vitamin sea’ with a boat date and tasty grazing board, inspired by Picnic Fantasy.
- A relaxed beach picnic at golden hour with cushions and Champagne (image: VIP Picnic)
You might also want to read
From September 27th to 30th, the Principality of Monaco hosted
The MIPCOM Cannes event is an esteemed gathering of creative