Winter Recipes to Boost your Vitamin C Intake
Broccoli Parmesan Pasta
It’s cold and flu season and who doesn’t need a vitamin boost? Here’s a recipe to add some much needed Vitamin C to your winter diet.
- 1 head broccoli, trim crown to bite sized pieces
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + some extra
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese + extra for topping
- red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- Bring broth to a boil in a large pot. Add broccoli & cook for about 3 minutes, until it is bright green & tender. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add 3 quarts of water to the hot broth & bring to a boil again. Add pasta & cook to package directions. Drain & toss with some olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic & 3 tablespoons olive oil to a large sauté pan. Over medium heat cook about 5 minutes until mixture is fragrant & onions are softened. Add broccoli & cook another minute. In a large serving bowl combine all ingredients including parmesan cheese. Season with red & black pepper to taste. Toss well.
- Top with more parmesan.
And did we mention that there are 132 milligrams of vitamin C with every cup of broccoli? Eat and enjoy…