Posted by Kate Adams in About Us
This year we will be involved in several weddings here in the South of France. These are some of our favourite occasions and also perhaps the most ‘delicate’ in terms of organisation. This is THE day for the bride and groom, it has to be memorable, perfect in every detail and of course deliver that extra special something that makes this wedding the most amazing one of the year.
We’ve been organising and running weddings for over 10 years here on the French Riviera and here are our Top 5 Tips for making your day perfect in every way
1. Venue – Take advice when choosing your venue. Wanting a sunset celebration on the beach may be your idea of heaven but make sure that it’s going to work in terms of logistics for everyone. In the Adams and Adams book, everything is possible, we can ship in lighting, kitchens, toilets and more but can your budget stand it? What about choosing a wonderful beach front villa where all the basics are in place but where you can have the beach wedding of your dreams?
2. Language – If you don’t speak French then organising your wedding celebrations here can be challenging. Find a wedding organiser who is completely bi-lingual and can ensure that you understand everything to the letter.
3. Food and Drink – Our speciality of course. Again everything is possible, the finest Champagnes, caviar flown in from Russia…it’s all possible. When choosing your caterer ask to see references even go and talk to previous clients, if they have nothing to hide then this is never a problem. Here’s what some Adams and Adams clients say about us Click Here
4. Weather – We have over 300 days of sunshine here in the South of France so hopefully the weather won’t be an issue but having a marquee to offer some shade is always a good idea in the very hot summer months. If you’re planning a wedding out of season then think about having a marquee as a back up plan. At Adams and Adams we work with several of the key marquee suppliers in the South of France and we can dress the marquee in line with your theme or colours.
5. Enjoy – It’s your day and you need to be able to enjoy it. Organising your own wine and champagne may seem like a good idea but if it means the Father of the Bride being stuck behind the bar table when he’s supposed to be making a speech then perhaps you should think again. At Adams and Adams we work with each client to ensure that all they have to do is sit back and enjoy their event, ever eventuality is covered and we guarantee that your celebration will be just as you dreamed…in fact better!
2013 Wedding packages to follow shortly
Posted by Kate Adams in Receipes & How To
Feeling a little ‘full’ after the excesses of Christmas and New Year? Then this is the ideal breakfast, full of great ingredients and guaranteed to stop you snacking before lunch.
INGREDIENTS – Makes 1kg of Granola
250g rolled oats
150g sunflower seeds
100g pumpkin seeds
100g sesame seeds
100g chopped almonds
150g dried apricots
100g dried cranberries
60ml sunflower oil
Preheat oven to 180 .C
Pour the honey and oil into a pan and heat gently till the honey has melted.
In a bowl mix the oatflakes, seeds, and bran together, then add the melted honey mix. Mix well then spread mixture onto a baking tray.
Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes turning frequently, then remove and leave to cool.
Roast the almonds for 4 minutes then mix with the dried apricots, raisins and cranberries.
When its cool, mix it all together with the wheatgerm and store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Serve with Greek yoghurt and a red berry compote, or simply serve on its own with milk.
Delicious, nutritious and Guilt-Free!
Happy 2013 from the team at Adams and Adams.